Monday, August 18, 2008

August 18, 2008



I am working hard to get ready for our first full week of kindergarten!!! I have many exciting things planned for your children this week. As we are still getting to know each other and the routine, we are not truly following the schedule I gave you at Open House. We will be working this week on writing and recognizing our names, assessing pencil grips, cutting and gluing. We will be going over our colors and learning some color words. We will be practicing counting and recognizing numbers to 10. Please be practicing these skills at home.

If your child cannot write his name, please put this skill at the top of your homework list! We write our name on every paper we do!

I did not send a newsletter home on Thursday because I felt like I had given you enough paperwork for this week!

We will begin writing in our writing journal this week. If you have not sent one in, please do so soon. We will go to the computer lab and to Art on Monday, Tuesday our Occupational Therapist, Julie Wells, will come in and have a lesson/assessment on pencil grips. Wednesday we will not have a special but I have an art project planned. Thursday is Music and Friday is Gym.
We have new wood chips on the playground. Many of the children who were wearing flip flops last week complained about getting stuck. There are some fixtures on the playground that the children are not allowed on if they do not have on tennis shoes. If at all possible, tennis shoes would be the best choice in footwear for school.

I am getting a tremendous amount of response via e-mail. I am thrilled that I have such a tech savvy group of parents. This will make communication much more effective!

We have a great week planned! You have a good one, too!

No comments: