Sunday, January 25, 2009

1-26-09 Update!!!

I want to make sure everyone know, WE DO HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW, JANUARY 26 - unless it is called off due to snow.

I have mentioned before that I get our homework packet offline from kellywkindergarten.com. I usually check it carefully and adjust it for our needs. Evidently, I overlooked the fact that THEY have a conference day on the 26th. WE DO NOT!!! I didn't catch this when I ran the copies. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Remember, this week is Count Me In week. We are aiming for perfect attendance. If we have 100% attendance for 4 out of 5 days, we will earn a hot chocolate/cookie party!!! We also have special days planned to encourage attendance!

Monday is kick off day
Tuesday is BLUE and WHITE day (to support the CATS!!)
Wednesday is CRAZY SOCKS DAY ( I bought a new pair and am ready!!!)
Thursday is "Wear your hall color day". We are on the GREEN hall!!! Be looking for GREEN!
Friday, the entire Village will wear PJs to school! We are really looking forward to this!

Please make every effort to have your child at school everyday. However, if your child has to miss, be sure to send in a doctor's excuse or a handwritten parent note. This will count the day as present for the purposes of the contest!

Last week, Mrs. Areaux did a count and compared our days in school with the other elementary schools. My count was off. Officially, last Friday was our 95th day of school. If we have no snow days this week (???!!!?!?!?), our 100th day will be on Friday - along with our pajama party!!! I will still accept the 100s day projects until next Friday, February 5.

We will celebrate the 100th day on the 100th day of school (that makes sense! hahaha). So, I need the collection of 100 things to count and the 100 things to eat for our 100 mix ON the 100th day. I will attempt to keep you up to date on this. Just remember, 100th day is Friday, January 30 if we have no snow days!!! If it snows, just keep adding on days.

Is this clear as mud???

Let me know if you have any questions!!

No comments: