Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October 22, 2009

Ray’s Ramblings
October 22,2009

Dear Parents,

Our trip to Patterson’s was FANTASTIC!!! We couldn’t have had a better day to go – the weather was amazing! Hope you enjoyed your pumpkins!

REPORT CARDS – are going home today. Please read over each area of the report card carefully. In most areas, there is a section marked showing what your child has demonstrated in that area. For example, “identifies numbers” to 20. __/20 will show the number of numerals your child correctly identified out of 20 numerals. Then the score of 1 to 5 reflects the overall score. If your child has scored 1’s or 2’s in any area, I would consider that an area of concern and definitely an area that needs work!

Writing Stages: I have made an error in the assessment of writing stages. I received the insert for writing stages yesterday. The assessment I used was based on the pages in the Parent Orientation Handbook that lists levels 1 to 7. (The insert you are receiving is on the previous page in the orientation handbook.) The levels do NOT correspond to the stages on the insert. Use this table to see the level of writing correlation.

If Report card shows: Report card SHOULD show:
Level 1, 2, 3 Stage 1
Level 4 Stage 2
Level 5 Stage 3
Level 6 Stage 4
Level 7 Stage 5

I will use the insert for the next reporting period. I am sorry for the confusion.

You may keep your copy of the report card and all the inserts. I suggest you post it on the refrigerator or in your homework box so you can refer to it when doing nightly homework.

Please sign the envelope and return it to me tomorrow.

Next week: Community Helper Unit

Wednesday, October 28 is our first Early Release Day. AM students will come to school normally. PM students will NOT attend school that day. I will be making home visits Wednesday afternoon. I am currently scheduled to visit the following homes: Brianna Bigam, Troy Brock, Jadon Lapasnick, Alexandria Ramirez-Buck. If these visits are no longer ok, please drop me a note so I can re-schedule.
Friday, October 30, Community Helper Costume Parade (Your child should come to school dressed in their favorite community helper attire. Be creative! These do NOT have to be purchased costumes. Last year I had a President, a principal, a teacher (complete with coffee mug, badge and pointer) and a veterinarian (with stuffed animals and stethoscope!
October Homework packets are due next Friday. Once again, double treasure box will be given for those students who turn in completed homework packets on Friday!

No comments: