Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November 6, 2008 Newsletter

Ray’s Ramblings
November 6, 2008

Dear Parents,

I am writing this from my bed. I have been hit with the stomach flu – and BAD!!! I hope to be back on my feet and well enough to be back to school on Friday. The class has been in great hands with Mrs. Chrissi Polson who has been subbing for me and Mrs. Jump.

SCHOOL PICTURES: The word is that the pictures should be delivered to school on the 7th. This means they should go home on Monday, the 10th. Make up day for pictures is November 21.


MUSIC WALK: Monday we will be taking a walking field trip to Asbury College for a demonstration of their piano, harpsichord and pipe organ. This is always an exciting trip for the children. They will get to play each instrument. Any parents wanting to go with us are welcome. I don’t know the time for the walk. I’m assuming Mrs. Dolive, the music teacher will send something home or you can contact the school to find out.

HOLIDAY CENTRAL: The deadline for a family to apply for Holiday Central Christmas assistance is November 21. I am planning to sign up to sponsor two families this year -- hopefully one for my AM class and one for the PM class. As soon as the family is chosen, I will let you know what is needed. Anyone interested in helping me with this charitable project is welcome. Just send me a note and let me know if you are willing to shop, send money or whatever!!!

CLOTHING NEEDED: Whenever a child has an accident or a spill at school and receives a change of clothes from our clothes bank, we need to have the clothes laundered and returned to school. We are running out of pants sized 7-16 for boys and girls. If you have ‘gently used’ clothing that you could donate for this cause, please send them in!

No comments: