Wednesday, November 18, 2009


Ray’s Ramblings
November 19, 2009

Dear Parents,

Our Thanksgiving Feast will be on Tuesday, November 24 from 9:30-10:30 (AM) and 1:30-2:30(PM). We have had parent volunteer conflicts this week and have been unable to do the call list. I am assigning requests for food items for the feast. If the item in non-perishable, you may send it anytime. I would like to have all items by Monday to insure that we have what we need. Please look at the Feast sheet and send in the highlighted item. If you are unable to send this item, just send a note back to school on Friday and we will take care of it. Remember, each child should have a plain white t-shirt and/or a pillow case by Monday. We will be decorating our Feast outfits on Monday. (I will keep all extra t-shirts to decorate later for field trips.)


I am sending home the December Book Orders today. I realize the November orders just went home. Due to our short month in December, I wanted to get the orders out soon to insure delivery before Christmas break. I suggest books as Christmas presents – there is nothing better!!! If you plan on the order being a surprise for Christmas, please attach a note to me or include it in the order and I will put the orders in a bag so the children will not know.

OUR CHRISTMAS FAMILY. I asked the Family Resource Center to give us a family to help for Christmas. This is a family at the Village but NOT in our class. The family consists of 2 parents and 3 children. If you are interested in helping with this family, please send me a note and let me know. If you would like to send a donation, Mrs. Kim and I will take whatever money is collected and go shopping! I have been given a list of wishes/needs from the family. I will send this list home to anyone interested in shopping yourself. Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help a family in need during the holiday season!!!

TURKEY PROJECTS are due on Monday!!! Please work on them over the weekend!

NOVEMBER HOMEWORK PACKETS are due on Monday, November 30. Double Treasure box will be given on Friday, Dec. 4 to those students completing the November packet AND having good behavior for the week.

CHRISTMAS PARTY – Friday, December 18 is our Christmas Party. Remember, each child should bring in a LARGE Christmas shopping bag to collect the presents AND should bring 24 treats – 1 for each child in the class (PM – 22). There is no price limit on the gifts. It is entirely up to you. You may send something as simple as a piece of candy, a holiday pencil or sticker, a homemade treat or craft, a goody bag for each child or an ornament for each child. It doesn’t matter! Each child will receive a bag full of goodies! Be creative!

Christmas Program – Thursday night, December 17. Please put this on your calendar! If your child will be unable to attend, please send me a note!

No comments: